The holiday season is a time of joy, warmth, and togetherness, filled with traditions and experiences that make this time of year truly special. Whether you’re a seasoned enthusiast or just looking to add some more charm to your holiday season, we’ve put together a curated list of experiences to get you started and keep you busy through the end of the year. So, grab your coziest sweater and your holiday beverage of choice, and let’s make this holiday season truly unforgettable.
1. Visit Santa: with kids, with pets, or just you! You’re never too old to celebrate and put in a good word with Saint Nick.
2. Get cozy and make homemade soup: try one of these seasonal recipes.
3. Build a gingerbread house: from a kit or from scratch!
4. Bake and decorate Christmas cookies: add some friendly competition by making it a themed contest.
5. Participate in a Turkey Trot: walk or run, whatever gets you out with family and friends.
6. Donate: whether it’s canned goods, clothes, or toys, give what you can to organizations near you.
7. Find Christmas lights to look at: in your neighborhood or at a local light show.
8. See a live show: find out any companies near you are presenting a show like the Nutcracker, a Christmas Carol, or a Christmas concert.
9. Chop down your own tree: you might be surprised to know that you can find plenty of Christmas tree farms around the country where you’re able to pick out and chop down your dream tree.
10. Treat yourself to a holiday drink: find the perfect peppermint mocha, or make a batch of mulled wine—treat yourself!
11. Make DIY Christmas decor: try your hand at traditional popcorn garlands or painted ornaments.
12. Throw or attend a holiday party: the holidays are about gathering, and what better way to gather than to celebrate with loved ones.
13. Go ice skating: get into the Charlie Brown Christmas mood.
14. Read a holiday-themed book: try a classic like A Christmas Carol or find a new favorite.
15. Go to a holiday market or craft show near you: shop small for all of your gifting and enjoy local art!
16. Buy new Christmas pajamas: is the best part of the season new cozy pants, or is it matching them with your family?
17. Take family pictures: grab those matching PJ’s or tacky sweaters and get the whole crew together to document the season together.
18. Have a holiday movie marathon: From Elf to It’s a Wonderful Life to the entire Hallmark Channel, there are so many options for a cozy night of Christmas cheer!
While it may still feel early to fill up your holiday calendar, remember that these last few months will be gone before you know it. So don’t look back and wish you had spent more time celebrating—start planning now for the most festive year possible!
Not sure you’ll be able to remember all of these experiences? Then be sure to download our Holiday Experience Guide to print out and reference all season long:
And if you’re not yet in the holiday spirit because of the growing to-do list, remember that MOD’s Holiday Help is coming soon! You make the list, we check it twice. Happy Holidays!