Out With the Old
- Of course, our first piece of advice is to start decluttering because it always sets you up for success! The less clutter you have to wade around, the easier it will be to clean and update your home. Whether this means donating items you no longer want or just storing seasonal items, start with a clear house and a clear head.
- Once things have cleared, do a normal to deep house clean to scrub away the fall and winter stuffiness. You might even want to pull up your rugs and let them air out while you vacuum. (Don’t have time for a clean this Spring? Check out our pick for cleaning companies in Dallas and Denver!).
- While you’re airing out your carpets you might as well air out the whole house. Don’t forget to change air filters and check your window screens for any damage—the bugs are also enjoying this weather!
- And finally, if you’re feeling stuck while freshening things up, try rearranging your furniture. It’s amazing how a simple redecoration can make you fall in love with your home all over again.
Bring Spring Inside
- Whether it’s flowers, plants, or even fake greenery—now is the time to run to your local florist or bring in clippings from your own garden.
- Match the energy of Mother Nature by brightening the colors of your home with small accents, like flowers or decor.
- To really get in the mood, touch up those spots in your home that might need a new coat of paint. Even better, use this as an excuse to break out that new color you’ve been dying to incorporate into your home (whether or not it’s “Springy” this is your refresh!).
- Scent plays a huge role in the seasons changing, so swap out those gingerbread and Christmas tree candles for some fresh and floral scents from your favorite candlemaker. Or, for something even fresher, try putting on a Simmer Pot full of Spring scents.
- And of course, swap out any heavy knits for lighter linens. This is a great time to pack up heavy sheets and blankets and trade them for something lighter like cotton.
Cozy Up Outside
- Enough with inside the home, Spring is a time to get outside and enjoy the world waking up! But first, you’ll need to get your outdoor areas back into shape.
- Clean off any outdoor living spaces (patio, porch, etc.), and bring out any furniture or cushions you may have put away for the winter. This is also a great time to update anything that has been damaged or worn before setting up furniture.
- Clean up any garden beds or flower pots that need attention. And, if you have one, clean out your fire pit to prepare for s\’mores season.
- Finally, enjoy your space and your time outdoors with family and friends!