Looking for some fun Fall activities to go with the cooler weather and the vibrant colors of fallen leaves? If you’re in Austin, Dallas, or Denver then we have a full roundup of activities so that you can spend the next few months embracing the season with the whole family! (Looking to get away from these locations? Check out this post on Fall Destinations both near and far).
While the final weekend of ACL is still happening, we’re looking past the chaos towards all of the other seasonal events around the city. The weather is perfect for outside activities like trail-rides, dining, walking tours, and more!
- Austin trail rides: Unsurprisingly, there is no shortage of options when it comes to trail rides in and around Austin. Live your best cowboy autumn life at one of these incredible ranches.
- Sweet Berry Farm Harvest of Fall: Hayrides, 3 different Mazes, Pony Rides, Pumpkin Painting, Sandart, a Barrel Train, Bouncing Pillows, Cut your Own Flowers, and tons of Pumpkins! Oh my!
- The 17th Annual Murder, Mayhem & Misadventure Walking Tours (Free! Oct. 28): A spooky way to celebrate the season. Bring your walking shoes, and prepare for the supernatural!
- Texas Book Festival: Free conversations, readings, and Q&As. Hear from featured authors in adult fiction, nonfiction, and much more. (Nov. 11-12)
While the temperatures are still coming down, there is no shortage of Fall fun in DFW! From the incredible State Fair to events you can only find in North Texas—find it all here:
- State Fair of Texas: Celebrate all things Texan with quality entertainment in a family-friendly environment. From live music to fun attractions and incredible foods.
- Autumn at the Arboretum: Dallas’ Favorite Fall Tradition! Check out this year’s ‘It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown’ themed installation.
- Dallas Farmer’s Market Pumpkin Patch: Welcome fall to town and pile those pumpkins high while supporting local farmers!
- Harry Potter—the Forbidden Forrest Experience (Oct. 28): Welcoming wizards, witches, and muggles of all ages! Celebrating some of the most iconic forest scenes from the beloved film series, visitors can come face-to-face with magical creatures including a Hippogriff, Nifflers, and more.
- Spooky Vendor Market (Oct. 28): Free admission for all ages (and dogs)! Enjoy 30+ local vendors, handcrafted items, lawn games, specialty cocktails, and more.
There’s something special about Fall in the mountains, and Denver certainly has everything you need to enjoy it for the next few months. On top of the stunning foliage and cool temperatures you’ll find events at the Zoo, Gardens, and local farms.
- Denver Zoo Wild Fall and Trick or Treat Trail: Find seasonal fun every day in October, or come after hours for costumes, snacks, and themed events.
- Denver Arts Week (Nov. 3-11): Head to the arts district for hundreds of events taking place across galleries and theaters throughout the week.
- Fall Festival at the Fritzler Farm Park: Known for their incredible corn mazes, they also have a pumpkin patch, pedal go-karts, barrel train, and pumpkin cannons.
- Anderson Farms Fall Festival: Colorado’s Largest Fall Family Entertainment Destination. Complete with a Zombie Paintball Hunt and Terror in the Corn Maze.
Whether you’re seeking the thrill of autumn festivals, the tranquility of nature hikes, or the warmth of community gatherings, there’s something for everyone to relish this Fall in each of these locations. From pumpkin patches and food tastings to trail rides and cozy outings, these cities offer tons of festive experiences to help you embrace the season. There’s even a good scare or two for the spooky season lovers! So grab your sweaters and scarves, and get ready to make lasting memories.