Depending on where you live, Spring might not be here for another couple of months, or it might have already sprung! So to some, this may seem early, but it’s time to start thinking about some necessary home maintenance tasks to add to your to-do list. Of course, you’ll need to do a general check of your house’s exterior and interior to identify any repairs or trouble spots that need the most attention. Any damage to your roof, siding, deck, or structure should be the first thing in mind, but don’t stop there!
We also suggest you take a look at these important areas of seasonal home maintenance to start the warmer months off right:
- Clean out your gutters—Don’t wait until the rainy season has already begun, now is the time to clean any debris and ensure they’re not at risk of coming detached from your roof.
- If you’ve been using it, clean out your fireplace or schedule to have it professionally cleaned so that you’re not living with the soot in your house until its next use.
- Clean your windows and check your screens for any holes or damage. It’s finally the time of year to air things out and enjoy the weather, but not the bugs.
- Schedule your AC tune-up and replace all air filters. Before it’s time to switch over to AC it’s so important to schedule an HVAC maintenance appointment—and be sure they replace your air filters if you haven’t done that in a while.
- Give your outdoor space a spruce—trim down bushes, remove any dead plants or leaves that have built up over time, and add new grass seed to any patches that may have died during the winter. The more work you put into it now, the more you’ll be able to enjoy your outdoor space when the weather permits.
- Test your sprinklers to check for any leaks and to be sure they’re watering the correct areas of your lawn—not your sidewalk.
- Declutter and organize! Of course, we can’t pass up an opportunity to mention organizing—it’s kind of our thing. And it’s important when it comes to Spring Cleaning! Make sure all your lawn equipment is still working, replace it if it doesn’t, and toss those appliance boxes you don’t need that have been sitting around your garage for years.
So whether or not Spring is your thing, it’s on its way and you’re better off prepared, and we suggest starting with at least a few of these things from our list. And, as always, if you’re looking for help finding vendors, decluttering/organizing, or getting your own checklist started, we’re ready to help.