Summer is in full swing, which means vacations, barbecues, and lots of time outside. Now is a great time to clean and organize before the start of Fall and Back-to-School. Because we all know that can be chaotic and it will feel really good to start off on a “clean” slate. We’ve come up with a summer cleaning and organizing checklist for you. Also, if you make it to the end, there’s a special treat.
- Sanitize door knobs and light switches
- Clean cabinet faces and wipe down the interior
- Dust and wipe ceiling fans, lamps, and light fixtures
- Replace burnt out light bulbs
- Wash windows and window sills
- Dust and clean baseboards
- Wipe down walls, patch holes, and touch up paint
- Wash curtains and draperies
- Clean inside and outside of the washing machine and dryer
- Flip and deodorize mattresses
- Schedule HVAC maintenance and inspection
- Schedule necessary lawn services
- Deep clean carpets or schedule a carpet cleaner
- Schedule gutter cleaning service
- Power wash decks, porches, and outdoor living areas
- Clean and set up patio furniture and upholstery
- Clean the grill
- Switch out and purge seasonal clothes
- Declutter and organize pantry – check for expired items
- Declutter, purge, and organize toys
- Dig out and washing beach towels, bags, etc.
- Stock up on sunscreen and summer essentials
Yay! You made it to the end! We have a special treat for you – sign up here for a FREE CHECKLIST MAGNET. It’s a comprehensive checklist to keep conveniently on your fridge to remind you of the cleaning and organizing tasks you need to complete this summer to keep your happy home running smoothly.
If cleaning and organizing isn’t your thing and you live in the Denver, Dallas, or Pittsburgh areas, ask us about our in-person personal assistant services. We’ll check off those items on the list. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.